Basic Driver Improvement
This four-hour course is offered through our partner National Traffic Safety Institute. It is approved by the Florida Division of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). After reading this page, if you still have questions about the course or registration, call 888.312. NTSI (6874).
By learning better driving skills and enhancing your defensive driving abilities, you can reduce points due to a traffic citation. Benefits of this course are:
- Avoid points on your license.
- Maintain safe driver status.
- Potentially sustain lower insurance rates.
What will you learn?
This course will teach you techniques for defensive driving to improve your driving behavior. You also will learn traffic collision avoidance in this class. Basic Driver Improvement can be taken as an online course or in-classroom.
Advantages of taking the course online include:
- You will not need to make arrangements for transportation.
- An online enrollment letter will be provided as soon as you register.
- The program is user-friendly even if you are not savvy with technology.
- Set your own pace, by signing off and on to continue where you left off.
- The online program is available 24-hours a day seven days a week.
- A certificate of completion will be mailed to you within 24 hours of finishing the course.
Still have questions? Read our Frequently Asked Questions to see if we’ve addressed them. If not, please call our office at 850.494.5656.