- Foster Parenting
- All children need a safe, stable, secure environment to grow and learn. In Northwest Florida, more than 500 children in foster care need such a place to feel cared for and protected.
- Adoption Services
- Most children in the foster care system eventually go home or are permanently placed with relatives or family friends. However, some children can never go home. These children are in need of permanent adoptive families. .
- When children are removed from their families and placed in out-of-home care, they may be placed in a number of different types of settings. In addition to relatives’ homes, other family settings include family foster care and treatment foster care.
- Independent Living Program
- Independent Living services are provided for youth in foster care for six months, ages 13 through 17, and young adults formerly in foster care ages 18 up to the 23rd birthday to assist in making the transition to self-sufficiency as adults.
Sponsored by Lakeview Center and the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families