How to Make An Abuse Report
According to Florida Statute, everyone has a responsibility to report suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of children and the elderly.
TO MAKE A REPORT
- Call The Florida Abuse Hotline: 1.800.96ABUSE (1.800.962.2873)
- Telephone Device for the Deaf (TDD): 1.800.453.5145
- Fax a written report with your name and contact telephone to: 1.800.914.0004
If you do suspect a child is being harmed, reporting your suspicions may protect the child and get help for the family. Contact your local child protective services agency or police department. For more information about where and how to file a report, call the Childhelp USA® National Child Abuse Hotline (1.800.4.A.CHILD®).
For more information, read the Child Abuse Reporting Requirements
Notification of Report:
- Telephone reporters will always be told prior to concluding your conversation, whether the information provided has been accepted as a report.
- For faxed information, notification will be provided only when additional information is needed to accept a report, or when the report does not fall within the jurisdiction of Children & Families. Your fax number must be clearly indicated on your report. Although you may request confirmation, you can assume that your report was accepted if you provided your fax number and receive no response from the Hotline.
Sponsored by Lakeview Center and the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families