News & Events
September is World Suicide Prevention Month
Pensacola, Fla. (Sept. 2, 2015) – World Suicide Prevention Month reminds us to pay our respects to anyone impacted by such a tragic loss or near loss. It's also a time to help raise awareness about prevention. Recent statistics command our attention:
- Suicides outnumber homicides. Last year, there were 40,000 suicides and 16,300 persons died from homicides.
- A 2013 CDC report says suicide is within the top 10 causes of U.S. deaths each year.
- A 2013 CDC report says suicide is the second leading cause of death for U.S. persons ages 15 through 35.
Please know key resources to help prevent a tragedy:
- Lakeview Center's round-the-clock screening and crisis intervention number: 850.380.0967
- The National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800.273.TALK (8255)
- Veteran's Crisis Line: 800.273.8255 and Press 1
- Emergency help: 911
It's important for a community to be aware of resources to help prevent suicide. Communities can learn more about how to support suicide prevention awareness from the website https://www.iasp.info/wspd/
An affiliate of Baptist Health Care, Lakeview Center Inc. is a network of behavioral health, vocational and child protective services. These services address a broad spectrum of human needs, reflecting a longstanding commitment to helping people overcome life's challenges.
New & Events Home