can Cancer Support Services help?
We begin by providing
you and your family with educational information you need to
better understand your disease and its treatment. Once
treatment begins, we offer continuing emotional support to
you and your family. If financial problems arise, we
try to link you with resources for which you may be eligible. We
are available to help you deal with concerns during treatment
or any time afterwards.
services are available to you?
education individualized to meet your needs as either an
inpatient or an outpatient
library of books, pamphlets and video tapes for your use
information about types of cancer, treatments, possible
side effects, and ways to deal with treatments
CAN COPE, an education
program presented twice a year by Baptist Hospital
in conjunction with the American Cancer Society
- Nutrition counseling for patients and families
- Pantry of nutritional supplements for patients to sample
- Counseling for financial problems
- Assistance in obtaining necessary medications and equipment
- Referral to appropriate community agencies
- Supportive counseling for patients and their families
groups to meet specific
on dealing with hair loss
and assistance in obtaining prostheses for women who have
and referral services for people calling or coming to Baptist
Health Care Cancer Program
on cancer prevention individualized for community organizations
in community health promotion activities
- "Pop the Question" Cancer Risk Awareness information
on cancer research studies
trials for patients who meet eligibility
can you participate in Cancer Support Services?
- Your physician may refer you to the patient educator for education
about your treatment.
- Your social worker or nurse may refer you to Cancer Support
- You may attend I
CAN COPE or join one of our support
may call for information or come in for any of our services.
who needs cancer-related information or assistance may
use Cancer Support Services.
For more information, contact Baptist Health Care Cancer Support
Services at (850) 469-2224, or (850) 469-2227 for Research